B2Match GmbH, with its address at Vally-Weigl-Gasse 5⁄456, 1100 Vienna, Austria, Company Number 396478g, (“B2MATCH” or “We”) respect your privacy, whether you are a B2MATCH client, one of our client’s clients or users, or simply an individual visiting our website, and we are committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy. The use of personal information collected through our services shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our clients have engaged B2MATCH. Our servers are at this time located in the EU Germany and operated by Google. This policy describes our practices in connection with information that we collect through our websites (collectively, our “Websites”), through our platform (collectively, our “Platform”), as well as through email messages that we send to you (collectively, including the Websites and the Platform, our “Services”).
This policy also applies to information about you that we collect or receive:
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and B2MATCH.
- When you interact with our advertising and Platform on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any third-party application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Services. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding the collection of information about you, whether via our Websites, Platform, or from other sources, and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose not to use our Services.
2. DATA COLLECTION – GENERAL REMARKS
The data collection plays an important role in the B2MATCH event planning. B2MATCH and event managers can collect personal data about the people who attend their events and they – as well as B2MATCH - can customize the event experience, as well as future products and Services. In this context our Clients as event planners are data controllers, since they collect and control the personal data of their Clients, in this case, event attendees. As data controllers, event planners must be in compliance with GDPR and they are responsible for taking steps to ensure the personal data you hold is accurate and up to date. Furthermore, the event planners should have implemented measures to maintain accuracy and taken reasonable steps to erase or rectify any inaccurate personal data. B2MATCH processes the data owned by the event planner and you.
At this time B2MATCH uses Cloud Services from Google. In terms of data protection, cloud computing means the processing of personal data on behalf of the B2MATCH as cloud user through the cloud provider. The GDPR (Article 28) requires that the cloud user only chooses cloud providers that provide reasonable guarantees for proper technical and organizational measures. Google complies with data processing and security conditions and act for us as a processor of personal data under the GDPR. Google provides its clients with updated contract terms in accordance with the new requirements of the GDPR.
4. B2MATCH PLATFORM
Our B2MATCH Platform allows any Client that uses it (our Clients and B2MATCH itself) to build event sites and manage events. This can include collecting contact information and other demographic information from Visitors or Clients who are participating in events. B2MATCH provides the Platform to our Clients to manage their events or to find events, and we use it to run our Services.
5. USE BY OUR CLIENTS
6. PUBLIC FORUMS
B2MATCH offers publicly accessible message boards and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through such public message boards or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. B2MATCH will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Platform if you so request.
7. LOG FILES
B2MATCH may collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites using log files. There may also be information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by B2MATCH for the operation of the Platform, to maintain its quality and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Platform. For these purposes, B2MATCH may links this automatically-collected data to personal information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
YOUR PRIVACY CLASSIFICATION This policy classifies those accessing and using our Services as one of the following:
VISITORS: Individuals and entities that access and interact with our Websites (for instance, to read about B2MATCH products and services, downloads), as well as those whom we meet or learn about through referral, from third parties or other external sources, are referred to as “Website Visitors” or simply “Visitors”. Personally identifiable information pertaining to Visitors subject to this policy is maintained in one or more B2MATCH databases and Website analytics and management systems where Platform end-user information is maintained.
CLIENTS: Individuals and entities that are B2MATCH’s direct clients (for example, event planners), including individuals attending B2MATCH events, as well as client personnel that are assigned a login ID and are authorized to access and use our Platform pursuant to an active B2MATCH agreement or under a temporary evaluation license if available, are referred to as “Clients.” Personally identifiable information of Client personnel associated with their Platform accounts is treated as End-User information, and will not be used for any purpose other than providing and supporting our Platform.
END-USERS: Clients’ business contacts, which may include their own current and prospective clients, members, partners, or other third-party contacts that use our Platform to interact with our Clients (for example, individuals that register for an event organized by a Client, download an event-related mobile app) are referred to as “Platform End-Users” or simply “End-Users.” B2MATCH does not use personally identifiable information of End-Users for any purpose other than providing and supporting the Platform.
9. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
B2MATCH, and our Clients that use our Platform to organize and manage events or to provide other services, may collect several types of information from and about End-Users, including:
“Personal Information” that identifies an End-User as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. For example, this includes name, organization, title, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, social media account ID or other identifiers by which End-Users may be contacted online or offline. This also may include information that permits End-Users to purchase products or services from B2MATCH or from our clients through the Platform, such as credit or debit card number, or other payment account number, as well as applicable expiration dates and billing/shipping addresses;
“Other Information” that does not reveal a person’s identity or directly relate to an individual, on its own or in combination with other information we have collected, such as browser and device information, operating system, device type, system and performance information, usage data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, general geographic location, demographic information and other information provided by a person, such as dietary preferences, interests, activities, age, gender, education and occupation.
We collect this information:
- Directly from individuals when they provide it to us.
- Automatically from End-Users as they use the Platform, or from Website Visitors as they navigate through the Websites, using technologies described in “Third Party Advertisers and Analytics.” Information collected automatically may include browser and device information, details regarding use of the Services, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies.
- From third party sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. For example, if a Website Visitor elects to connect his social media account to his account for our Websites, certain Personal Information from the social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of the Visitor’s profile or his friends’ profiles.
The information we collect through our Services may include:
- Information that a person provides when utilizing one of our Services, for instance at the time an End-User registers to attend an event being organized by a B2MATCH client (B2MATCH Event Registration).
- Information that Website Visitors provide by filling in forms on our Websites and Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive product information, attend events, or access other special content on our Websites.
- Information that Clients and End-Users provide when receiving technical or client account support. This includes records and copies of Client and End-User correspondence (including e-mail addresses).
- Details of transactions Clients carry out through our Platform and of the fulfillment of Client orders.
10. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect or that is provided to us, including Personal Information, for any of the following purposes:
- To present our Services and their contents.
- To provide End-Users with information, products, or services they request from B2MATCH or our Clients using our Platform, for example by processing event registrations, enrolling End-Users in programs in which they choose to participate or providing End-Users with access for a meeting organized by a Client.
- To manage Platform accounts, provide client service, and process payments for purchases by End-Users.
- To provide Clients with notices about their B2MATCH accounts, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To communicate with Clients and Visitors by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest and that are offered by us or other third parties, but only upon request.
- To allow Clients and Visitors to participate in online products, access and download materials, and use other interactive features on our Services.
- To better tailor Website and Platform experience to Visitors interests, Platform experience to End-User or Client interests, and display content according to user preferences.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; © to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to the Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations where reasonably necessary for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
We may also use contact information of Clients and Visitors to contact them via email, telephone or direct mail about products and services that may be of interest to them, if contact information was provided for that purpose. Where required, we will seek and obtain recipients’ express authorization before we send marketing emails. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your email preferences on the profile page.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties as reasonably necessary or prudent to provide, maintain and support our Services, such as, for example, payment processors, data analytics providers, and data center or Web hosting providers.
- To a third party in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of B2MATCH’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by B2MATCH about our Website Visitors, Clients and End-Users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which information is provided. Here are some examples:
- If End-Users provide an email address when registering for an event, we will use the e-mail address to send the End-User information and announcements relating to that event.
- If End-Users utilize one of our Platform to pay for event registration fees or other products and services using their credit cards, we will pass the credit card information to payment card processors to validate the payment information and complete the transactions.
- To your friends associated with Visitors’ social media accounts and to Visitors’ social media account providers, in connection with social sharing activity, such as if a Visitor connects her social media account to her Website profile.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; © to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to the Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, our clients, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations where reasonably necessary for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
12. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
13. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A “session” cookie lasts for a single browser session only and is deleted when the user closes the web browser. A “persistent” cookie remains on the user’s device (even while powered off) until it expires or is deleted. A persistent cookie will be reactivated when a user returns to the website which posted the cookie. Cookies cannot read or access other cookies or any data from a user’s hard drive. Cookies alone will not personally identify a user; however, a cookie may recognize a user’s individual web browser or device through an IP Address, browser version, operating system and other information, and End users of our Services who log into their B2MATCH accounts may be individually identifiable to particular Services using session cookies.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local storage, such as “Flash cookies” to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons. Pages on our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons differ from cookies in that the information is not stored on your hard drive, but invisibly embedded on web pages or in email. Web beacons permit us to track online movements of web users – for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). This enables B2MATCH to provide a website experience more tailored to your preferences and interests.
Log files: For technical reasons (security reasons and protection of our Website), B2MATCH collects server log data which are received from your browser. The log data are deleted after 14 days.
Advertising and analytics. When you access and use the Services and other websites, we or a third-party partner may serve you advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you (or in some cases, to users who our service providers deem to have characteristics similar to our Clients) based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites. To do so, we or our service providers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (alone or in conjunction with web beacons, pixel tags or other tracking technologies).
We also may use information associated with Visitor social media accounts.
14. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You may set your web browser to restrict or to entirely block cookies, to configure cookie notification settings and/or to delete cookies already present on the browser or device. Visitors who block cookies may be able to access a Website but will not be able to use most of the content, Platform and services available on that site. Limiting or restricting certain types of cookies may also prevent a Client or End-User from using certain portions of the Platform, depending on how the browser settings are configured.
Promotional Offers from B2MATCH. If you do not wish B2MATCH to use your contact details to send you promotional messages, or would like us to prevent a Client from using the Platform to send you emails to promote its own or third parties’ products or services, you can (i) adjust your email preferences on the profile page, or (ii) at any other time by sending an email stating your request to us. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you, as a Website Visitor or Client, opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us (or as an End-User opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from one of our Clients), we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
15. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Upon request, B2MATCH will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you are a registered user of one of our Services, you can review, request deletion, and change your Personal Information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. For example:
- Users of our Platform may update or correct their Personal Information, other profile settings and user preferences.
- Users who have opted to join an event attendee list (visible to other users for that event) may have the option to later hide themselves from the list if desired.
- You may also send us an e-mail to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
16. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14
Our Services are not intended for children under 14 years of age. We do not directly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under 14. If you are under 14, do not (i) use or provide any information on these Services or on or through any of its features, (ii) register to use any of our Services, (iii) make any purchases through our Services, (iv) use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
17. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS (OTHER THAN TO THE E.U. OR SWITZERLAND)
Although Services are controlled and operated by us from Austria, by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country, if we need such third country contractors to fulfil our contractual duties.
18. DATA SECURITY
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
19. INFORMATION COLLECTED ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
B2MATCH collects information under the direction of its clients and has no direct relationship with the End-User individuals whose Personal Information it processes. If you are an End-User of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our Service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer Personal Information to companies that help us provide our Service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients. Please note that Clients may have their own / additional Terms and Services, which you have to comply with.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate Personal Information should direct his query to B2MATCH’s Client (i.e., the data controller). If requested to remove Personal Information we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. B2MATCH will retain this Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
21. CONTACT INFORMATION
You have at any time the right to revoke your consent to the use of your personal data. Your request for information, deletion, correction, or data transfer, unless this is a disproportionate effort, shall be addressed to us immediately. We will be happy assisting you with your query.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data by us violates the applicable data protection law or your data protection claims have been violated in another way, it is possible to complain to the competent supervisory authority. In Austria, the data protection authority is responsible for this.