Virtual events come with the participants' need to get in touch with each other and discuss, prior to their virtual meeting. Participants can now chat through our instant messaging feature, integrated in the virtual events settings.
How it works for the participants
Once registered for the event or logged in, the participants can chat with each other by following the steps below.
- Go to Participants, on the top menu
- Choose the participant whom you want to send a message and click on the participant preview
- Click on Send message under the participant's photo and name.
All the messages will displayed in Messages, which is accessible in the top menu.
How it works for the organizers
Due to privacy regulations, organizers will not be able to see the messages exchanged by the participants.
The number of messages sent and received by participants can be displayed in Participants, given that the columns are marked as displayed or added in saved filters.
Drag and drop Messages Sent and Messages Received to the Selected Columns.
Then click on Search. You now have applied a custom filter, which you did not save.
The number of messages sent and received by the participants will be displayed in the columns Messages Sent and Messages Received. You can order them by clicking on the small arrow, next to the column's name.
- Participants will be able to send messages to everyone.
- Participants will only be able to send messages to participants they have a pending or accepted meeting request with.
- Participants will not be able to send messages to anyone.